1987-1992 Graduate Diploma in Psychology (Dipl.-Psych.), University of Regensburg
1992-1995 Clinic for neurological rehabilitation.
1996-2008 Courses in the prevention program of a large German health insurance company.
Since 2006 private practice with a focus on pain psychotherapy in children, adolescents and adults, psychosomatics and psycho-oncology. Since 2014 part-time position at the Clinic for Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine of the Klinikum Dritter Orden in Munich. Here, she offers counseling and therapy in the outpatient department for children suffering from chronic pain. In addition, she is consulted by the pediatric and surgical wards when the young patients are struggling with pain. She uses trances and hypnotic speech with good success.
In 2017 Andrea Kaindl published a concept for the treatment of chronic headache and abdominal pain in childhood and adolescence using strategies of cognitive-behavioral therapy and hypnotherapy.
Since then she has presented her work at several scientific conferences (including Deutscher Schmerzkongress 2018).
Andrea Kaindl has completed advanced training in
- behavioral therapy,
- hypnotherapy (M.E.G),
- psycho-oncology (Deutsche Krebsgesellschaft) and
- psychotherapy for the treatment of pain (Deutsche Schmerzgesellschaft).
Andrea Kaindl is member of
- Deutsche Schmerzgesellschaft (DGSS)
- Deutsche Migräne- und Kopfschmerzgesellschaft (DMKG)
- Berufsverband deutscher Psychologinnen und Psychologen (BDP)
and associated member of the
- Milton Erickson Gesellschaft für klinische Hypnose (M.E.G.)