1. Wark, D. M. (1989). Alert self-hypnosis techniques to improve reading comprehension. HYPNOS, 16, No. 3. 112-121.
2. Wark, D.M. (1990). Alert self-hypnosis techniques to improve reading comprehension, and Advanced comprehension suggestions for an alert trance. In Hammond, C. D. (Ed) Handbook of Hypnotic Suggestions and Metaphors. New York W.W. Norton & Co.
3. Wark, D. M. & Flippo, R. F. (1991). Test preparation and test taking. Chapter 8 of R. Flippo and D. Claverly (Eds.) Teaching Reading and Study Skills at the College Level. International Reading Association.
4. Wark, D.M., LaPlante, Patricia. (1991). Reading in alert trance: Effects on comprehension. HYPNOS, 18, No.2. 90-97
5. Wark, D.M. (1996). Teaching college students better learning skills using self-hypnosis. American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis, 38 , No 4, 277-287.
6. Watanabe, Y., Halberg, F., Cornelissen, G., Kikuchi, T., Saito, Y., Fukuda, K., Revilla, M. Sr, Revilla, M. Jr, Rodriguez, C., Wark, D. M., & Otsuka, K. (1996). Self-hypnosis lowers blood pressure swinging and overswinging in circadian hyperamplitudetension, CHAT. EUROREHAB, (2), 83-94.
7. Wark, D.M. & Kohen, D. P. (1998). Facilitating facilitator’s facilitation: Experience with a model for teaching leaders of hypnosis practice groups. American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis, 41 (1), 75-83.
8. Wark, D. M. (1998). Alert Hypnosis: History and Applications. William J. Matthews and John H. Edgette (Eds.), Creative Thinking and Research in Brief Therapy: Solutions, Strategies, Narratives, Volume 2 (pp. 287-306). Philadelphia, PA.: Brunner/Mazel.
9. Flippo, R., Becker, M.J. & Wark, D.M. (1999) Preparing for and taking tests. In R. Flippo and D. Caverly, (Ed.s) Handbook of College Reading and Study Strategy Research. Mahwah, New Jersey. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. 221-260
10. Wark, D. M. (1999). Review of Kirsch, I., Capafons, A., Cardeña-Buelna, E. and Amigó, S. Clinical hypnosis and self regulation. In American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis, 42, (1), 62-64
11. Wark, D. M., & Kohen, D. P. (2002). A spiral curriculum for hypnosis training. American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis, 45(2), 119-128.
12. Wark, D.M. (2006). Alert Hypnosis: A Review and Case Report. American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis, 48(4), 291-300
13. Wark, D. M. (2007). Commentary: The ghosts of research past. American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis. 49(3). 203-204.
14 Wark, D. M. (2008). What we can do with hypnosis: A brief note. American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis. 51(1). 29-36.
15 Wark, D.M., & Bloom, P.B. (2010). Training issues in hypnosis. In Steven J. Lynn, Judith Rhue, & Iving Kirsch (Eds.), Handbook of Clinical Hypnosis. (pp. 691-708). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
16. Wark, D. M. (2011). Traditional and alert hypnosis for education: A literature review. American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis, 54(2), 96-106. doi: 10.1080/00029157.2011.605481 [ NOTE: This paper received the Ernest R. Hilgard Award for the Best Paper on a Historical Topic on Hypnosis]
17. Wark, D. M. (2015). Traditional and alert hypnotic phenomena: Development through anteriorization. American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis, 57(3),254-266.
18. Eads, B. & Wark, D. M. (2016). Alert hypnotic induction: Use in treating combat PTSD. American Journal of clinical hypnosis. 58, 159-170.
19. Wark, D. M. (2017). The induction of eyes-open alert waking hypnosis. In M. P. Jensen (Ed.), The art and science of hypnotic induction: Favorite methods of master clinicians. (pp. 90-113). Kirkland, WA: Denny Creek Press
20. Flippo, R., Apptova, V., & Wark, D.M. (2018). Preparing for and taking tests. In R. Flippo and T. W. Bean, (Ed.s) Handbook of College Reading and Study Strategy Research. 3rd Edition. Taylor and Francis. 241-278
21. Wark, D. M. (2018). L’ipnosi da svegli con induzione ad occhi aperit. In M. P. Jensen (Ed.), Arte e pratica dell’induzione ipnotica (pp. 65-79). Milano, Italy: FrancoAngeli.
22. Eads, B. & Wark, D. M. (2018). Alert Hypnosis with Tai Chi Movement for Trauma Resolution. American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis. 61 (2) 173-184 [ NOTE: This paper received the William S. Kroger Award for the Best Paper on Hypnosis and Behavioral Medicine)
23, Wark, D. & Reid, D. (2018). Guest Editorial. Looking at Alert “Eye Open” Conversational Hypnosis. American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis. 61(2) 85-87
24. Wark, D. (In Press). Hypnosis and End Stage Renal Disease: Review and Suggestions. American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis.
INTRODUCTION TO HYPNOSIS FOR MEDICAL DOCTORS, NURSES, MEDICAL STUDENTS, AND SELECTED HEALTH CARE WORKERS, VOLUME 2, HEALTH CARE APPLICATIONS OF CLINICAL HYPNOSIS. David M Wark, (ED). (2008), American Society of Clinical Hypnosis.
Telstar Productions, St. Paul Minnesota, 1975
1. How to Study Better 30 minutes.
2. How to Build the Concentration Habit. 30 minutes.
3. How to Listen and Take Notes. 30 minutes.
4. Study Schedules that Really Work. 30 minutes.
5. How to Take a Test. 30 minutes.
Alert Hypnosis Induction