Antioch West University San Francisco, California9/86 – 6/89 Masters Degree in Clinical Psychology; Specialty in Drama Therapy
Mental Research Institute Palo Alto, California 9/88 – 6/89 Intensive Training in Solution-Focused Brief Therapy with John Weakland and Richard Fisch, MD; focus on communication, identifying and solving problems in ten sessions or less
University of California Berkeley, California 9/77 – 6/81 Bachelor of Arts in English, minors in writing and studio art
Private Practice, San Francisco, California 9/91 – present Licensed MFT: psychotherapy with children, couples, and individuals; Director of Brief Training Solutions, a professional consulting practice in Brief Therapy for mental health-care professionals; child therapy
Kaiser Permanente Hospital, San Francisco, California, 9/99 – 1/00 Professional Trainer in Brief Therapy for the psychiatry department; how to elicit extremely critical material from patients and resolve resistant and difficult problems
Walnut Creek Hospital, Walnut Creek, California, 6/90 – 6/92 Clinical Social Worker/Child Specialist: facilitated psychotherapy and family therapy for children, adolescents, and adults; conducted in-depth, intake evaluations; expedited discharge planning
Pacific Presbyterian Medical Center: Day Treatment, San Francisco, California, 8/87 – 8/89 Clinical Therapist: developed individual treatment plans within the diagnostic spectrum of the DSM IIIR; monitored patients’ medication; conducted daily psychotherapy groups using cognitive therapy, 12-step, narrative and brief solution-focused therapy for adults; expedited discharge planning
UCSF Langley Porter, San Francisco, California,. 1/87 – 9/87 Drama Therapy Rehabilitation Intern, children’s unit: conducted groups using storytelling, enactment, sand tray, art, role-play and psychodrama, filmed and facilitated video-drama group
- Keynote Speaker, Women’s Leadership Conference, College of Marin (2008)
- Produced 30 programs for the public on issues related to global warming, diversity training, prosperity consciousness and non-violent communication (2007-2008)
- President of Friends of the SGV Public Library (2006-2008)
- Vice-president, San Francisco Chapter of California Marriage and Family Therapists (1998-2000)
- Consulting Chair of the 1998 National Drama Therapy Conference, San Francisco
- Organized peer-counseling and training programs for high school students
- Featured Speaker at the 1998 Play Therapy Symposium at College of Notre Dame, Belmont, California
- Developed programs for gang members and children at risk through the Emergency Response Team
- Specialist in eating disorders; grief and loss; substance abuse; stress reduction; career-related issues
- Developed, taped and edited radio programs focusing on national issues for public radio
Offices in Marin and San Francisco are conveniently located for most of the San Francisco Bay Area.
Each office is located in a completely renovated building used exclusively for psychotherapy.
On-site sound machines ensure privacy and confidentiality.